Create Thread

[Guides] The Crusader's Guide to Excellence

Hot Topics [Copy link] 36/14187

Posted on 8/17/13 8:42:07 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Edited by DoctorKankle at 10-2-2013 03:02 PM

[Blood Crusaders]

Honor, Respect, Excellence

-Recruiting-
Please contact me for more information on joining the Blood Crusaders!

General Ways to Improve your Base's Defense

-Make your defenses top priority when it comes to upgrading your buildings.

Mortar > Sniper Tower > Air Defense > Magic Tower > Cannon > Ermah Guard > Reaper

-Do not rush and level up your Town Hall.  The higher level your Town Hall, the more resources raiders can steal from you.  Rushing your Town Hall will only hurt you in the long-run.  You will not be able to retain your resources.

-Spread out your Gold Mines and Potion Wells.  If your opponent has nifflers, they will spend their time running around the map instead of tearing through all of them at one.

-Make sure you place your air defenses carefully.  Do not give an easy opportunity for a few witches to 100%your base.

-When it comes to placing walls, do not resort to a box.  The purpose of your walls is to slow your enemy down.  Section out your base and only place buildings with a high priority inside.

-Gold Mines and Potion Wells are not as important as you think they are.  They do hold your resources, but they do not compare even close to vaults; however, they are perfect decoys when it comes to nifflers.  Placing a few inside of your base is not a bad idea.  This way, nifflers will waste their time attacking your walls.

Farmer's Guide

What is a farmer?

A farmer focuses solely on gaining and retaining resources.  Farmers use their Town Hall as meat shields because they do not care about their trophy count.  They do not upgrade their Town Hall unless all of their buildings and walls are maxed out.  This guarantees them more bang for their buck when it comes to defending against raiders and raiding.

-Use your Town Hall as a meat shield.  Out of all the buildings in Clash of Lords, the Town Hall usually has the most health.  Raiders tend to go straight for it, as it is an easy win.  Be prepared for this!  Make sure your defenses can reach your Town Hall, since this is usually where the battle begins.

-Use shields to their full potential.  For example, say you have sufficient resources with a shield up.  If all of your builders are being used but you have a 4 hour wait until your next building is done upgrading consider waiting the 4hours.  Sometimes waiting is better than breaking your shield and getting raided for half of your resources.

Priorities for a farmer when it comes to defending your base:

Gold Vault > Potion Vault > Base Defenses > Whatever is left

What should a Farmer's base look like?

Raider's/Hybrid's Guide

What is a Raider/Hybrid?

A raider, also known as a trophy hunter, focuses on a high trophy count.  Hybrids tend to be your average player.  They care about their trophy count and at the same time try to retain resources.

-Priorities for a Raider/Hybrid when it comes to defending your base:

Town Hall > Gold Vault> Potion Vault > Base Defenses > Whatever is left

What should a Raider's/Hybrid's base look like?

Things to Know

-Corner bases are not effective.  Raiders are able to spawn units on the sides and corners of the map.

-Your Town Hall and trophies play a role in the opponent you find in a raid.

-To maximize how often you raid, train your units before you go into your raid.  The timer for your units will run down to zero; however, while you are raiding, your units will be training.  After your raid is complete, you will arrive back to your base with a few troops already trained.

-Sniper Towers, Magic Towers, Ermah Guards, and Reapers will defend against air targets.

-Cannons and Mortars do not attack air units.

-Plan your upgrades.  If you have a lot of resources, knock out an upgrade that is very expensive.  This way you aren't stuck trying to gain resources all day with a free builder.

-Pixies do not heal air units

-Set goals and know what you're going after.  Do you want a high trophy count, a lot of resources, maxed buildings?  Find out what you want and adapt your play style to benefit yourself to achieving your goal.

How to Effectively Use Bombers

As most of you know, bombers can be pretty frustrating to use.  If used incorrectly, they will only destroy the outer-layer of wall and continue to make a bigger hole out of it; however, there is a solution for this.  I would recommend using an average of 10 bombers for this method.  First, before the raid starts, find a nice breaching spot.  Next, you should deploy some troops so your bombers do not get shot down before reaching the wall.  After deploying a few troops to distract their base defenses, try to deploy your bombers in intervals of 2 or 3.  This way the first wave of bombers will breach the first wall and the next wave will breach the next layer and so on.  An advanced trick for this method is after you place your troops down in your desired location switch to your bombers and back to your regular troops (brutes, nifflers, rangers, etc.) quickly.  You do not want to slowly deploy your bombers.  This will result in them creating a bigger hole and not moving onto the next layer.

If you are interested in joining the Blood Crusader's Guild, feel free to send me a private message or check out our forum here

or here:

http://us.forum.igg.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=63468&extra=page%3D1&ordertype=1

This is all general advice I have found through trial and error as well as my experience.  Feel free to mention anything else and I will consider adding it.  More coming soon... :)

Signature
Posted on 8/18/13 12:19:02 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

This. This right here.:)

Signature
Posted on 8/18/13 2:51:04 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

i need help in finding the right sequence to upgrading other buildings besides defenses. im having trouble upgrading my walls to lvl 5 any advice?

Signature
Posted on 8/18/13 3:20:11 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Edited by (83082067) at 8-18-2013 04:25 AM

ryanteo96 replied at 8-18-2013 03:51 AM
i need help in finding the right sequence to upgrading other buildings besides defenses. im having t ...

I go: Storages > Walls > Defense > Offense > Collectors

Storages: self explanatory
Walls: I gem my walls
Defense: Splash attack first so mortars, magic towers, etc. Then everything else.
Offense: Camps to hold more of my current troops, then baracks, then research.
Collectors: Doesn't matter just any at random til I do all.

If you can't gem your walls then do a few as you do your defense. Eventually you will run out of resources as you do this so do either go on raids and aim for people that have high amounts of resources or farm for a few days then upgrade. Powerful walls make people use air units more so first do walls, then air defenses like sniper towers, air defense,  etc; then do splash, then everything else as you get to higher levels.

Signature
Posted on 8/18/13 3:48:01 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Nice! Will try it out! Thx leader! :D

Signature
Posted on 8/18/13 4:11:28 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

in the defence building upgrade priority where would you place air defences and magic tower?

Signature
Posted on 8/18/13 6:13:06 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Banned  

Signature
Posted on 8/18/13 9:38:53 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

My mindset when i first started was to work my way up the leaderboards, but I've found farming to be more beneficial.  The way i see it, a majority of players are hybriding.  If I focused on retaining my resources, i can get those expensive upgrades out of the way.  Trophies will come the better your base is.

Signature
Posted on 8/18/13 10:31:57 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I'd like to offer a suggestion for farming.

If you know you will be farming for some time and you next quite a bit of resources then speed is your friend.  If you have a favoured raiding party you always take then this tip will benefit you.

Have your barracks making units before you attack.  If you for example have 4 barracks and normally use 12 Minotaurs then just before you attack have each barrack queued with 3 Minotaurs.  The 2 min counter will count down to 0 while you are searching for your prey.  If the counter reaches 0 before you attack then as soon as you place your first unit a Minotaur will be produced and more will join it as your battle rages on.  

This way by the time you have finished your raid you'll already have 4-8 Minotaurs ready saving you a lot of time in the long run.

Signature
Posted on 8/18/13 11:40:10 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Banned  

Signature